Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Key Lime Love.

Ya'll. This weather.
Now, I need the cool wind to stick around. But like. These days in the 60's? SPOT ON. I'm loving it. So beautiful. It's absolutely horrible timing that gas prices are out the freakin window because all it really makes me want to do is roll the windows down and drive for hours and hours on the back roads, blasting music, car dancing, and actin a fool. Example A.
So one of these glorious days, my sister and I decided we should aim ourselves on over to the grocery store and grab some ingredients to bake a pie. Now, I am not a Key Lime Pie fan. If there are other options, I usually go for something else. But SERIOUSLY? This pie was slammin. I had to share. I mean, people who love Key Lime Pie love it. AND people who are usually 'meh' about it were all about some. It's a win all the way across the board. And it's just so refreshing. Bring it to a summer cook out. You will impress all your friends.

Ingredients:
1 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime zest

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F
  2. Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well and pour into prepared crust.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles appear at the surface of the pie. Don't let it brown!
  4. Chill pie in the fridge before serving. Decorate with some pretty lime slices and whipped cream if you would like.
I told you it was easy. And fast! Here's mine... lookin all professional and shiz.

Have you discovered any favorite summer time recipes? I love cooking during this season.
❤love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }