Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Explosion.

So tonight I went to turn on the back porch light and instead the bulb literally exploded. All over. In a flash of light. Flip. BAM. There may or may not have been some blue fire. I was busy screaming a little. You'd scream too if shards of bulb were flying through the air.

Anyway. I'm sorry I've been absent. I've been in a sort of funk. Super stressful things out of my control are penetrating my life right now. Sometimes it feels like from all directions. And so I tend to respond in different ways, one of which is hermitism. That's not a word, but you know what I mean. Another way is by catering to the immature whims of my inner child, such as having french toast sticks and a diet Dr Pepper float for dinner. Or now that I think about it, that does sound like a college kid... or a seven year old. Whichever.

For me, when there are stressful and hard things that I cannot change, I think it's important to take time out of worrying. To take time- even if you feel like you have none- to be happy. To kick a soccer ball around the rec center parking lot, barefoot, late at night with people you grew up with. To stifle giggles while making breakfast at two thirty in the morning with someone who understands the way you think while everyone else sleeps. Little things. Small moments. They will keep you sane. Well, they keep me sane. Life keeps moving. Don't miss any of it.

❤love.

1 comment:

  1. We are on the same page.
    Let's go on an adventure & have a day devoted to living. No plans or rules will be allowed. :)

    ReplyDelete

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }