Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I like to breathe in books.

One day I'll have a library. And it will smell of books. New ones, and old ones alike. Ones that have seen many shelves, many hands. Shared their story many times. Contributed things to other people's lives. I love the way pages feel. Just a little bit of texture. Crisp pages. The sound they make when they turn. The color they age too. But also when they are fresh, barely opened. I like that color white.

Can you tell I miss reading? I miss having time to read. Even when I have the time now, my mind doesn't slow enough to let me. I used to pour over books. Drive to Barnes and Noble and wander and read a hundred covers until I found one I fell in love with. And I would drive home, barely standing the fact that it was sitting in the seat next to me while I couldn't start it. When I could, I would read it from front to cover. Without stopping. A whole day of reading. Go to sleep satisfied, the story over, or just beginning, maybe.
"A good book should leave you slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. " -William Styron

Oh, library. I wish you were mine.





For the color enthusiast. (The pug just makes it even better.)

Look at these shelves!

Now THIS is the right idea. A bed in your library? I think so. What a dreamy place to nap. So serene. And besides that, most awesome guest bedroom EVER. Especially the second one. I want to live in that room.


If I was a pretty pretty princess.

And for my less girly side. (Which is a majority.)

Now just put a giant bed smack dab in the middle, and we have a winner. Ah, that ceiling.
Dream big, baby. Dream big.

❤love.

2 comments:

  1. o my! the sixth and seventh library is magical!!! LOVE those shelves and a rainbow colored library would be such a happy place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these!
    oh and beauty & the beasts library is sooo dreamy too!

    ReplyDelete

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }