Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My favorite four letter word.

Okay you guys. It's not what you think. Snow, people. Snow. And I need some. BAD. Even after tacky sweaters and ornament exchanges for some reason it just doesn't fully feel like December. It should, I mean, lord. I heard a Hanson Snowed In song in the mall the other day. Oh it takes me back.... to last year. Or I mean. Grade school. Because no one listens to them anymore... So anyway. Today would have been perfection with some snow, but alas it was nasty misting rain. We threw a Potluck, Ornament Swap, Tacky Sweater party and had an absolute BLAST. I'm so blessed with the friends in my life. We voted on a bunch of superlatives and I got... too many. Best Personality, Most Random, Most Likely to Not Use Their Degree (oops), Most Likely to Not Have a 9 to 5 Job, and Most Mischievous. I got that gleam in my eye...
So back to the snow thing. It makes everything better. It does. No matter what is happening in my life, no matter how stressful, when it suddenly starts to snow, it all falls away. It's like a giant hush. One of my very favorite things is waking up in the morning to that silence. Before you even get out of bed you can hear it. So peaceful. And like a slate wiped clean, it always makes me feel so hopeful.

There's a quote that I absolutely love from the movie The Family Stone. It's the scene where Meredith and Ben are sitting in the car and he decides to tell her about the dream he had. It's so innocent and beautiful.
"You were shoveling snow. You were just a little girl in a flannel night gown. And you were shoveling snow from the walk in front of our house. And I was the snow. I was the snow. And everywhere it landed and everywhere it covered. You scoop me up with a big red shovel. You scoop me up."
I think I feel better already. Just remembering that. Maybe I'll dream of snow tonight. In the meantime I'm sitting in a giant beanbag watching Baby Mama on the projector with some of those amazing people. We do this finals thing righttt.

❤ love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }