Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tuna saladdd. A better one.

I made the best tuna salad today. I've been trying to figure out something healthy besides one slathered in mayonnaise, and I have finally succeeded. I halved some grape tomatoes and put them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkled with garlic salt, pepper, and dried basil. I put them in the oven on broil at 250˚ for about 20 minutes... I basically just watched until they started getting wrinkly. Then opened a can of tuna, drained, and added to the tomatoes in a bowl. Then I added a small dollop of herb and garlic goat cheese. Just a little bit (healthier version, remember?) because it's really flavorful. Stirred it all up. You can always add more pepper to suit your taste, but I liked it just the way it was. SO YUMMY. I made a wrap, and next time I think I'll get some baby spinach to add to it. I made a bunch of the oven roasted tomatoes and have been using them for different things, so you could always do that if it seems like a lot of trouble for just some tuna salad. (Worth it in my opinion though.) Just wanted to share in case anyone else was trying to eat better and make their own lunches!

❤love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }