Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

T-Bone. T-Bone Streep.

So I watched the Golden Globes tonight and it was pretty entertaining, I must say. From Meryl Streep starting off her acceptance speech expressing her desire to change her name to T-Bone, to half a dozen digs at NBC (during a live feed... on NBC). Sandra Bullock gave such a great speech as well, both touching and hilarious. She's one of my favorites. As is Drew Barrymore who was adorable stumbling over her words and trying to get out her thanks. I also had Leonardo Dicaprio flashbacks as he was presenting. Oh how I love 1996 Leonardo. Not that he's not beautiful anymore, but my god, in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet... favorite kiss scene ever. The music. The party. The costumes. Strangers. Running into the elevator... the way the camera does a 360˚...

Okay, okay. I'll stop now.

In other news, I made a vegan pizza. Well, let me clarify even that I was CRAVING a vegan pizza. I think Kaelah may be contagious. It was probably the best pizza I've ever made. And it didn't even have any cheese. WHAT is going on. Craziness.

Above is the pizza before going in the oven.

Well, I think it's movies in bed time at this point. Ready to get snuggled up and comfy.

❤love.

2 comments:

  1. so after I saw that you (as well as many of my other friends) like the leo and claire version of romeo and juliet I tried to watch it....however i cannot get pass the beginning and the combination of late 80's-early 90's style with Shakespearean language

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I had a hard time with that at first too. I basically decided it bothered me enough to not like the movie right off the bat. But we were watching it for school and going through every choice made in the movie from scene location to costume choices, etc, and it's completely mind boggling how the director literally made every decision to represent something else and be symbolic. So I think first it became an appreciation for all the symbolism, which turned into an awe that eventually just became a love of the movie. A really dorky way to fall in love with a movie I guess, haha.

    ReplyDelete

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }