Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I would choose a shield.

I've tried to get things accomplished today, but I've just had too much on my mind. Besides thinking about all the things there are to do, there's just so much else going on. It's distracting. Too many problems I wish I could fix. If I could choose a gift, a superhero power, I think it would be to shield. To wrap myself around people I love and heal them. Mend their hearts, fix their wounds, rid their lives of what was pulling them down, draining the life out of them. I'm a firm believer that the bad things make you stronger. They make you appreciate the good, the people that love you, the small joys that can be found in every day life. But sometimes, enough is enough. You know? Have you ever known someone who deserved a break, needed a reprieve? I guess hardship is very much relative. And I know lesser things cause some people great pain. And I don't diminish what they feel. But I know some who have carried unimaginable weights. And they're tired. And especially to one, all I can say is, please don't give up. Wait just a little longer. I'll be right here. Maybe we can find something to make us laugh in the mean time.

"It is not easy... to wait. Waiting is what the hunter does, and the poet and the slugger. He waits for the moment of inevitability and fate and then he swings, or shoots, or takes up the pen to put down a line. They don't teach us to wait in America; they teach us to grab. But waiting is what we do when we are looking for something beautiful, when we are looking for an end to our sorrow. Nothing is infinite in life, not even sorrow. You just have to wait."
-Cary Tennis


❤love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: none !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }